This. Pie. Changed. My. Life.
For one thing, I have finally conquered my fear of heavy whipping cream and for another, this pie is topped with honey roasted peanuts. Nuff said.
Make it, love it, and your life will change too.
Chunky Monkey Pie
Two oreo pie crusts
1 3.4 oz box of vanilla pudding
1 c. cold water
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 large or 4 small bananas
1/3 c. powdered sugar
honey roasted peanuts
1. Mix pudding, water and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended and set in the fridge.
2. With a hand mixer, whip 1 cup of the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
3. Remove pudding mixture from fridge, stir in peanut butter, then fold in whipped cream. Return to fridge.
4. Slice up bananas and line the bottom of both pie crusts with the banana slices. Divide peanut butter pudding mixture between the two pies and spread evenly.
5. Combine remaining whipping cream with powdered sugar. Whip with hand mixture until soft peaks form. Divide evenly and spread over pies. Cover pies with plastic domes and refrigerate for a few hours.
6. Before serving, top with honey roasted peanuts. Die happy.